The National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has cleared 24 governorship aspirants as its candidates to contest the 2019 governorship election in 24 states.
The party’s Acting National Publicity Secretary, Mr Yekini Nabena, announced this in a statement on Friday in Abuja.
Nabena said the decision was taken following the conclusion of the governorship primaries in the states involved, at the end of the NWC meeting on Thursday.
According to him, the NWC at the meeting, ratified the reports of the various Electoral Committees and adopted the under-listed as the party’s governorship candidates for the forthcoming 2019 general elections.
- ABDULLAHI UMAR GANDUJE – KANO STATE
- MOHAMMED ABUBAKAR – BAUCHI STATE
- SIMON LALONG – PLATEAU STATE
- NASIR EL-RUFAI – KADUNA STATE
- MOHAMMED BADARU ABUBAKAR – JIGAWA STATE
- AHMED ALIYU – SOKOTO STATE
- ABUBAKAR ATIKU BAGUDU – KEBBI STATE
- AMINU BELLO MASARI – KATSINA STATE
- ABUBAKAR SANI BELLO – NIGER STATE
- BABAGANA UMARA-ZULUM – BORNO STATE
- MAI MALA BUNI – YOBE STATE
- ABUBAKAR A. SULE – NASARAWA STATE
- EMMANUEL JIMME – BENUE STATE
- BABAJIDE SANWO–OLU – LAGOS STATE
- TONYE COLE – RIVERS STATE
- UCHE OGAH – ABIA STATE
- NSIMA EKERE – AKWA-IBOM STATE
- ADEBAYO ADELABU – OYO STATE
- DAPO ABIODUN – OGUN STATE
- GREAT OGBORU – DELTA STATE
- OWAN ENOH – CROSS-RIVER
- INUWA YAHAYA – GOMBE STATE
- SUNNY OGBOJI – EBONYI STATE
- SANI ABUBAKAR DANLADI – TARABA STATE
It is reported that the APC governorship primaries are yet to hold in Imo, Zamfara, Adamawa and Enugu among some other states due to some challenges, according to the party’s national leadership.
All political parties are expected to conclude their primaries by October 7th, according to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) guidelines.