Fire guts room at Sokoto NYSC camp

A fire incident has been recorded at the NYSC permanent orientation camp in Wamakko local government area of Sokoto state.

The state Coordinator of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Philip Enaberue, confirmed the incident which occurred at about 7:00am on Wednesday.

He however explained that the incident only affected a room accommodating 20 Corps members.

The NYSC Coordinator attributed the inferno to electrical spark but added that investigation was on into the incident.

According to him, five Corps members lost their clothes to fire incident.

He debunked insinuations that there were injuries, just as he disclosed that the corps members were attending morning meditations when the incident occurred.

Read Also  Kano govt to resuscitate Triumph Newspaper

No document was damaged, he also stated.

He said the fire was put off by combined efforts of military, other security officials and NYSC members.

The coordinator said the affected persons had been relocated to other rooms adding that they were given some money to replace some of the damaged items while their NYSC kits were replaced.

He lauded the Chairman, NYSC State Governing Board, Alhaji Abubakar Ladan, host communities for their various efforts in redressing the situation.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: